Whether it’s alcoholic Christmas drinks or a mocktail that is more family friendly, nothing keeps cheeks rosy and adults comfy cozy like Christmas cocktails. And with the rise in popularity of bourbon, there’s no shortage of fun and creative Christmas whiskey drink ideas out there.
Below you’ll find some fun Christmas bourbon cocktails that we designed to keep your home feeling warm, festive and full of holiday “spirits”. Below the infographic you’ll find printable recipes for each of the drinks if you’d like to save it for later. You can also print the infographic and hang it by your bar or drink station so that your guests, visitors and anyone else can try making their own.
How to Make the Best Christmas Cocktails with Bourbon
Let’s jump right into the good stuff. Here is the infographic you can print and post above or next to your bar. If you don’t like bourbon or want a mocktail (non-alcoholic), you can substitute bourbon for fruit juice like apple cider or even a spiced cider with cinnamon.
Please use the HTML code below to embed this graphic:
Rudolph's Nose Cranberry Old Fashioned
For the cranberry lover in your life, this old fashioned served with some Brie Bites With Sugared Cranberries will definitely hit the spot.
- 3 oz bourbon whiskey
- 1 oz cranberry simple syrup
- 3 shakes bitters
- Garnish with fresh cranberries
In a glass with ice, add the bourbon, cranberry simple syrup, and bitters.
Garnish with fresh cranberries.
Pairs Great with Cranberries and Brie Bites or Spread
- Place crackers down on a serving platter and add a slice of brie cheese to each cracker.
- Spread a ½ tsp of cranberry relish on top of the brie and garnish with sugared cranberries.
Bonus: You can also deep fry the brie by coating it in egg wash, flour and breadcrumbs for something a bit more satisfying.
Kris Kringle's Cranberry Mule
Moscow Mules are all the rage right now. Enjoy this holiday twist on a long-time favorite drink when you pair it with a Cranberry Pepper Jelly Dip.
- 2 oz unsweetened cranberry juice
- 3 oz ginger beer
- 1 oz sweet bourbon
- 1 oz simple syrup
- Mint leaves to garnish
Add ice to a copper mug.
In a shaker, add in cranberry juice, ginger beer, spiced rum, sweet bourbon and simple syrup and shake until combined.
Pour over ice and garnish with cranberries and mint leaves.
You can also muddle the mint leaves with simple syrup for an added festive flavor.
Goes Well with Cranberry & Pepper Jelly Cream cheese
- Spread cream cheese into a dish.
- Mix cranberry and pepper jelly together and spoon over the cream cheese.
- Place in a bowl for dipping or spread directly on crackers.
- Garnish with some chopped mint leaves for fun.
Blitzen’s Hot Toddy
Need to stay warm this holiday season? Get “blitzed” with this honey bourbon toddy with Sweet Potato Bites to warm you from the inside out.
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup hot water
- 6 tbsp bourbon
- 2 lemon peel strips
- 2 cinnamon sticks
Stir honey and water in cup until honey dissolves and add bourbon.
Divide between two Toddy glasses and add a strip of lemon to each glass with a cinnamon stick.
Great When Paired With Sweet Potato & Marshmallow Casserole
- Toss sweet potatoes with melted butter and maple syrup and bake for 20 minutes.
- Switch oven to broil and add a marshmallow until golden and then add a pecan half on top.
- Now cut into bites and serve.
- You can also place them in small dishes and serve with mini spoons.
Your favorite uncle will love this Harvest Spritz that combines the best of the holiday season with an easy to make Antipasto Wreath.
- 4 oz dry hard cider
- 1½ oz apple cider
- 1½ oz bourbon
- ¼ oz Aperol
- ¼ oz grapefruit juice
- Club soda
- Apple slices
Pour hard cider, apple cider, whiskey, Aperol, and lemon juice into glass and top off with club soda.
Garnish with an apple slice.
For added fun, you can use a cinnamon infused bourbon or whiskey.
It’ll Go Perfectly With the Cheeses In The Pairing.
Mrs. Claus Bourbon Smash
While Santa and his reindeer are delivering gifts, Mrs. Claus and the elves are at home enjoying this bourbon drink and Christmas Cheese Tree.
- 2 Tbsp cranberry jam of choice
- 2 Tbsp bourbon
- 1 Tbsp triple sec
- 2-3 Tbsp orange juice
- Orange slices
- A splash of club soda
Add ice, jam, bourbon, triple sec and orange juice to a shaker and shake.
Pour into serving glass and top with a splash of club soda.
Garnish with orange slices.
Pairs Great With Cheese Tree
- To make the cheese tree, mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, mustard and pepper sauce until well combined.
- Shape mixture to look like Christmas tree.
- Roll tree in parsley.
- Use pine nuts, bell pepper pieces, lemon peel to decorate.
- Serve with crackers.
Frosty’s Champagne Cocktail
Sometimes you’d like a drink that’s a little lighter. That’s when you enjoy Frosty’s Champagne Cocktail while snacking on some whiskey filled bonbons (stacked like Frosty, of course).
- 1 bottle chilled champagne
- White creme de cocoa
- Candy canes
Fill glass ⅓ full with white creme de cocoa and then fill the rest with champagne.
Garnish with a whole candy cane.
You can also crumble graham crackers and add a fun rim to the glass.
Goes Great With Bon Bons
- For the bon bons, get a chocolate bonbon mold that has three sizes.
- Line the mold with the white chocolate leaving the top opened.
- Make a buttercream frosting with bourbon poured in and stuff the bonbon with the frosting.
- Now pour a layer of chocolate on top.
- Once hardened, stack them on plated and pipe on a smiley face.
Boozy Bourbon Eggnog
What is the holiday season without Egg Nog? You can enjoy your eggnog with some Eggnog Dip!
- 1 oz bourbon
- 1 oz 2% milk
- ¾ oz winter syrup
- 1 egg yolk
- nutmeg to garnish
Add bourbon, egg yolk, milk, and winter syrup to a shaker.
Shake, add ice, and shake again.
Strain into a glass and add grated nutmeg on top for garnish.
Goes Well With Cream Cheese Dip
- To make the dip, combine cream cheese, eggnog, cinnamon, nutmeg and almond extract and mix well.
- Garnish with nutmeg!
Apple Cider Old Fashioneds
Sometimes all we want is a memory from holidays past. This Apple Cider Old Fashioned will definitely jog old memories of sitting around and telling the old stories of the past while enjoying our Christmas baked ham.
- 1/2 c ice
- 2/3 с apple cider
- 2 oz whiskey
- 2 dashes bitters
- Apple slices, for garnish
- Cinnamon sticks, for garnish
Combine all ingredients in glass and stir.
Add apple slices and cinnamon sticks for garnish.
Sometimes you just need some Christmas morning fun. These Christmas Mimosas fit the bill along with some Boozy Bourbon Cherries. Enjoy with your favorite cousins!
- 2 Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 1 с whole fresh cranberries
- 1 с green grapes, halved
- 1 с pomegranate seeds
- 1 с sparkling grape juice
- 1 с bottle chilled champagne
Add apples, cranberries, grapes, and pomegranate seeds to a pitcher.
Pour the sparkling grape juice and champagne over the top and stir.
Pair With Boozy Cherries
- To enjoy the boozy cherries, simmer bourbon and sugar until the sugar dissolves.
- Put cherries in a jar and pour syrup over the top.
- Once cooled, go ahead and eat them all!